visual+verbal+digital: It takes a village to communicate effectively. I’ve been building mine for awhile. It’s a comfortable place to live, not too formal, where tradition’s respected, visitors are welcomed, and curiosity is encouraged.
Main Street’s within easy walking distance. Public relations and advertising offer plenty of parking, while the social media kids share loft space with web content and POP.
If you’re looking for professional cross channel talent that includes digital media, pr, copywriting, graphic design, site content, online marketing, and event support, drop by for a visit.
You’ll discover engaging content across a range of media. Case studies and columns highlight a few of my solutions. Find out more here and here.
Brand Awareness CASE STUDY: PDF
A single page case study demonstrating event marketing, POP concepts, and PR strategies for successful brand promotion.
Web 2.0 and beyond: Image And Your URL
Effectiveness and value are more about quick reaction and less about layers of organization.
pr CASE STUDY: leveraging media relationsPDF
I took advantage of media contacts and deadline driven creative and production to extend a product conversation beyond expected limits.
Product publicity CASE STUDY: PDF
This product press release illustrates interactive techniques I’ve developed to make client information more accessible for both media and online search.
Trade events, conferences, press functions, and webinars are essential for staying up-to-date on trends, techniques and practices.
- Barcamp Tour 2011: I’m not a coder – but that didn’t stop me from hanging out at the Tampa stop for a day of trends, tips, and techniques immersion courtesy of Barcamp Tampa Bay. Takeaway? More respect for what goes on behind the visuals, return visits in 2012 and 2013 to discover what’s new.
- TEDx St. Petersburg: a one-day short course on social media’s latest trends, delivered by experts from around the country in a fast-paced series of lectures.
- Adobe CS5.5 Launch: by invitation preview of the hottest creative software package in use today — it’s not just what it can do: it’s how it can be used.
- Social Fresh Tampa 2011-2012: two days of intense social media strategies from the best minds in the business — Ford, Nordstrom's, Microsoft, Southwest Airlines, etc.
- Poynter Institute for Media Studies Social Media Day: the premier event examined the complicated relationship between journalism and social media.
- PRSA Professional Development Day: Brand-Aid For Your Personal Brand with main presenter Josh Hallet from Voce on online brand relationships
- Adobe InDesign User Group: Print Design Meets Interactive Seminar featuring Adobe InDesign expert Keith Gilbert
Adobe InDesign User Group: Interactive PDF Design Seminar featuring Chris Converse demonstrating functional Flash integration in unexpected areas
AAF Tampa: The Story Behind Nike’s Digital Strategy featuring then R/GA CD Jim Hord (now with Microsoft)
- AAF Tampa: Online Advertising Grows Up featuring NY Times Director of Online Digital David Knight on the metrics of placement and deployment
- PRSA Southwest District Conference: two days soaking up Web 2.0 and getting my first look at Social Media’s future from regional and national experts.